It’s kinda sad that it has taken a Pandemic (or Panic-Demic) for people to pay attention to things we’ve been telling our students for years…(Everyone is welcomed to use this as your daily checklist… not just for a few weeks) Stay well.
* You should wash your hands at least 5 or 6 times a day.
* Don’t rub your eyes with your hands or fingers. We tell our students “the only part of your body you should use to rub the eyes is the bottom ‘point’ of your elbow”. (They understand once they try it once or twice )
* Don’t put your fingers in your mouth or bite your fingernails. (Most people don’t know that gesture implies that “your mama can’t cook” )
* If you are sick, don’t go to school or work. (Your health, and the health of others, is much more important than that ‘Perfect Attendance Award’.
* If you need to cough, cough into your elbow or a tissue.
* Clean & disinfect surfaces and frequently handled items often: remotes, keyboards, controllers, computer mouse, doorknobs, tablets, phones, touch pads, etc.
* Learn to breathe properly and utilize your breathing drills to enhance your body’s recuperative powers. Most students don’t realize that we’re learning to optimize the use of our lungs when we practice Kiai and the breathing in our Kata.
* Each of us should be drinking at least 6 to 8 glasses of water daily. God provides us with the things we need most to live (Air and Water). Let’s make proper use of them.
* Clean your Septum (left and right) at least twice a day.
I’d like to encourage all leaders to help those who are filled with anticipatory anxiety to get through these stressful times. They need us!